4.22.2009

原宿 Harajuku

In love.
Some may say their outfits are mismatched, but I think its more like reaching a level of perfection. The colors and the patters of these Harajuku street walkers are put together so harmoniously; at least in my eye. I love love love color. I love to put together crazy colors and patterns and have fun putting together outfits like this...but when it comes to actually wearing what I put together out in public, I tend to take a few steps back and not put my full vision of a look out there. I just wish it looked normal to wear something like this in public and not care about what people think...

But when you live in a suburbia like I do, its rare that someone looks this awesome and when they do, people like to turn their heads, and not in a good way. Most of you probably understand what I'm saying.

I just don't like the feeling of keeping some of my outfits confined within my bedroom walls because of being too afraid of, well, being different I guess you can say. And you're probably thinking that all I need is a bit of confidence and this can all be solved. And you're probably right. Who's to say what I can and can't wear!...

If only it was that easy.
xx

10 comments:

ellie said...

oh..I love it..especially the tights in that one..all slit..so cool.

Thank you so much for the note too.

Daniela Valdez said...

I think they look awesome! That pink/white/black dress is just goreous!!

Holly Wilcox said...

so amazing!! beautiful clothes. i know what you mean... same with where i live!!! X

Hannah said...

I completely love the color and style! It's so unique and urban.

I know what you mean. If someone were to dress like that in a small, peaceful town, they would practically be banished. Haha

l,
Hannah

Boubou said...

hello :)

just to say that i love your world and you inspire me a lot in doing my post ;)
a très bientot !

boubou

Unknown said...

I love how they mismatch their clothes into a masterpiece. On a side note, I'm currently doing a report paper for school on Harajuku fashion! I think they're awesome too,

Anonymous said...

I love the nerdy harajuku's at the end.
Listen, It's okay to be different even in the way you dress.I know exactly what youre talking about.And I hate it too, but I look at it like this:If youre not gonna vocalize it, then why say anything about me?
Go out and show em how its done! lol.
X♥

Anonymous said...

Ooh I used to go to that website! I lost the link before and it's great to see it here :D Love the group of 4, their hair and shoes are really fascinating.

Haha my father is really conservative so for a long time he would liken me to a clown or other unsavory professions especially in my more off-normal outfits, but I always either laugh his comments off (because it's so ridiculous and wrong) or ignore it until now he's used to the way I dress. Conditioning works! If you keep dressing the way you want people are eventually not going to make such a big deal of it after a while, that's what I feel :)

Anonymous said...

I like how they wear the clothes, rather than the clothes wear them. There are some people I know who are influenced by Japanese fashion & try to dress like them.... & it doesn't look too good, honestly >__>;

Looking at these pics makes me homesick =/.


xxoo, Jei
noiretro

K'arhol said...

loving the red blazer