These are some pictures from a last weekend thrift shopping trip downtown I did with a friend.
I'm in love with my new high-waisted velvet floral skirt (Can you tell. I totally became a camera whore with it on! By the way...only $6.00!) AND I also love knit cropped sweater I also got, but not as much as a bargain as the skirt, but still $14.00. It was a great day :)
I miss u all!! I am sorry for the rather boring and slow posts lately; I have finals coming up next week, so as usual, school has got me all tied up. Its like a rodeo really: school is the cowboy and I'm the thing being lassoed. I have no choice but to be antisocial this weekend and hit the books. Although, I think that in reality, the only hitting of the books I'll do is my head hitting the book and I pass out (Wow, im really crakin the jokes tonight). Well, I'm off to do homework, but I will find every ounce of time I can to check up on all your blogs and see what you're up to! I'm in the mood to be inspired!
Much love to all. I will be back, promise.
Hey everyone! My weekend is going great...
Hey everyone! My weekend is going great...
Friday I went into town with my friend for a nice day (long day!) of shopping.
Saturday my sister came home after being away for 4 months in Barcelona.
Today I am hanging out with my sister cause I'm so glad shes home and doing my homework :/
Monday I'm hopefully going to my friend Zack's house for a party.
I'll completely fill you in on all my lame, but interesting to me, details as soon as I can.
Enjoy your weekends!! Let me know what you're up to :)
OH AND I HEART MOM JEANS!! I gotta find a pair that looks good. Bye!
The night was...interesting. It was fun though, there was thing inflatable Twister on the lawn out back and there was a band that was really good. And, of course, no party is complete without
My latest inspiration! She proves that less is more. Her simplicity and carefree vibe is what makes her stunning. I am going to a party tonight, and I think I might lay off the jewelry for a fresher look.
Hope your having a dandy weekend.
The cherry blossom girl is a beautiful blog created by the tres tres chic Alix. The freshness and simplicity of her outfits inspire me so much. I don't think I could picture anyone else pulling off these looks.
I might have an outfit post coming soon. Maybe, err, possibly! Nothing as quite as chic as Alix though. I hope you find her as fashion forward as I do.
If not...your kinda a fool.
Some of my favorite pictures from various blogs and fashion web spots that I'm just totally in love with.
I been tied up with school as usual. And I still have not got my mom anything for mothers day yet! I might make her a card. I always love making gifts for people over buying them. And I'm sure most of you can agree with me on that, its just more special and personal.
I also though about donating money to Trees For the Future and have trees planted in my moms name. That would be something cute that's also helping the environment.
p.s. green is the new black!
I'll figure something out, I always do ;)
I hope you all are having a relaxing weekend, happy mothers day tomorrow! xoxoxoxoxoxooxo
The lovely Valentine tagged me for a very fun questionnaire. A little something that might let you know a little more about myself. Here goes nothing!..
1. Respond and rework; answer the question on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, and if you want -add more questions of your own!
2. Tag 8 other people:
What is your current obsession?
- studding, bleaching, and cutting clothes
- black liquid eyeliner
- huge earrings
What songs are currently on constant repeat?
- runaround - blues traveler
- bulls in Brooklyn - the academy is
What is your favorite food?
- pad tai
- pasta and corn mixed together
- birthday cake you buy from the food store
What are you wearing today?
- flannel pants
- black v-neck tee shirt
- crochet socks
Why is today special?
- I felt happy and I had someone to sing about
What would you like to learn to do?
- dance hip hop
What are in your pockets?
- a cough drop looking thing that my friends put in my pocket for some reason
What's the last thing you bought?
- destroyed white washed jeans
What is your most challenging goal right now?
- making it through high school without loosing my mind
If you could have a home totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
- Colorado, in a log cabin in the forest with a fire by a window where I can watch animals come out at night. Oh and it would have to be snowing a lot.
What's your must have piece for summer?
- Levi's 501 shorts
What would you like to have in your hands right now?
- A guitar
- "Guitar for Dummies" book
What would you like to get rid of?
- Anyone who decided to waste the precious time we have here on Earth by hurting or harming others, animals, things, or the environment.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
- To Barcelona to see my sister who's been away for four months, I miss her. And then maybe to the moon.
What are your plans for the future?
- have my own boutique named "Three Wishes"
- own a loft in NYC where I sell my artwork
- work as a graphic designer for a major magazine company like Seventeen
- have a loving husband and kids
- make a difference so that I can leave a mark on this world
Who do you want to meet right now??
- Tim Gunn! The love of my life.
Who is your favorite model?
- Chanel Iman. She always looks so fashion forward and stunning. She always has a fresh look, never overdoing anything. And her name of course, can it get anymore chic than Chanel Iman.
- Favorite label would be Free People. I can't afford their clothes, but I'm really inspired by them. My favorite shop would be Target, they knock off all the latest trends for less than half the price.
What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
- My Paris Blues skinny jeans. They go with everything and make my legs look longer and leaner. Also, I think Paris Blues are like the most comfortable jeans ever.
If you had 10,000 dollars now, what would you spend it on?
- I would donate some of it to help fight hunger and also to some environment organization to help the planet. I would also give some of it to my mom. She's the most amazing person and works so hard, she could get her little dream house by the water that she always talks about.
Do you admire anyone's style?
- I love Betsy Johnson, shes so fearless when it comes to what she's wearing. Her style is a true definition of color. She can have both lime green zebra and hot pink leopard on and be working it at the same time, shes so fierce and fabulous. I also love my best friends' styles, they all are individual and totally work with their personalities.
Describe your personal style?
- Wow. Umm its colorful, hippie, indie, grunge, 40's, 60's, and 80's. Like a collection of all of that. I change my style with how often I change my moods. I change into about 5 or 6 different outfits a day.
What are you going to do after this?
- Watch Ugly Betty and sing terribly to myself
What would you love to see come back in fashion?
- Fanny packs. They are very functional and no one will want to rob you cause its too awkward.
What do you think about the person who tagged you?
-Valentine is so creative, original and lovely. Not only does she take gorgeous black and white photographs, she inspires me every time I visit her blog. Your awesome Valentine! :D
So now, I have to PASS THE BATON to...
The beautiful Hannah - sixteen going on seventy
The awesome Matias Bouhet
The fashionable Jei - noiretro
The chic Natalie - la quirky fille, natalie
The adorable Ren - ren clothed
The funny Ursula - thoughts of an urban fab addict
The sweet Kate - kate is late
The creative Dana - deco love
....also anyone who is in need of a good post, this was really fun so I recommend it!
enjoy the rest of the weekend.